Friday, July 13, 2007

Ruby Is More Of A Free Love Kind Of Language

I have been really, really busy lately, which is why I have not had a chance to post anything. I finally caught up on some reading and listening, and John Lam, father of the IronRuby project at Microsoft, has a fun interview on the DotNetRocks podcast. Irrespective of how I may currently feel about the direction over at Microsoft or rock, it is an interesting interview.

My favorite line has to be where John is describing the cultural differences between the users of Python vs. Ruby programming languages. "Ruby is more of a free love kind of language," he says.

I guess when they say that they have drunk the Ruby kool-aid over at Microsoft, they really mean it. But will they wake up hungover and pregnant with a baby they will name "Moonbeam"?

No comments: