Monday, January 28, 2008

I Want My API

I just ran into a really great resource for open source API documentation. Called gotAPI, it links in a delightfully searchable way all of the APIs we love, but turn out to not actually know. Well, we know them, just not well enough to have their numbers setup for speed dial on our cell phones. Or our code able to call them directly without looking up a reference first.

Here is a small sample of ones I will actually use regularly:

  • HTML

  • CSS

  • JavaScript

  • Prototype

  • jQuery

  • Ruby Standard Library

  • Ruby on Rails

  • Erlang

  • MySQL

  • PostgreSQL

  • Selenium


Plus gotAPI is a domain name I can probably remember. That should keep me from several pointless button mashing Google searches per hour just to end up back on the same sites that gotAPI is already linking to.

No comments: